January 17, 2023
Board of Commissioners
January 17, 2023
IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF CHAPTER 551, TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE, NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS OF THE BLANCO COUNTY EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT NO. 2 WILL MEET ON TUESDAY JANUARY 17TH, 2023 AT 3:00 P.M. AT 431 BLANCO AVE, BLANCO, TX 78606 AT WHICH TIME THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS SHALL BE DISCUSSED AND ACTION CONSIDERED AND/OR TAKEN.
- Call to Order / Announcements – Establish a quorum.
- Public Comment – No action may be taken on these items unless on agenda. Please limit comments to 2 minutes per person.
- ESD Election of Officers for 2023 – President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Assistant Treasurer. (Nominating Committee: Struck & Hall)
- Consent Agenda – Items will be approved with a single vote. Items can be removed from the Consent Agenda for discussion.
- Approval of the December 20, 2022, Regular Meeting minutes
- Financial Report as of 12/31/2021
- Monthly Financials:
- Texas Regional Checking: $450,301.39
- Texas Regional CD: $133,253.57
- Texas Regional Money Market: $1,063,232.08
- Lone Star Money Market: $238,804.79
- Bank Statements and Reconciliation Reports will be distributed once completed by the incoming Treasurer.
- Monthly Financials:
- Fire & EMS Auxiliary
- Quarterly Report due
- Consider requests/actions submitted to ESD
- Chiefs’ Report
- Operations Reports Fire & EMS
- CHP Program Update
- Administration / Finance Matters
- Notice of Public Hearing regarding Countywide Polling Place Program
- Finance Updates
- Confirmation of Texas Regional Bank CD Renewal
- Bank Signatory Update Process
- Ratify Approval of Bills from January 1st, 2023 through January 17th, 2023
- Approval of Policy Manual
- Helipad – Discussion and possible action relating to the Blanco Landing Zone (Helipad)
- Commissioner Training
- SAFE-D Conference www.safe-d.org and Online Training
- Legislative Updates
- Review and adopt resolution opposing legislation that would allow a municipality to withdraw unilaterally from an ESD.
- Review and adopt resolution opposing legislation that would require a sales and use tax “sharing” agreement when a municipality annexes territory included in an ESD.
- Review and adopt resolution opposing legislation that limits the ability of ESDs or their representatives to communicate with state officials.
- Review and adopt resolution opposing legislation that would require municipal consent for extension of an ESD’s protection into the municipality’s extra-territorial jurisdiction.
- Executive Session – Pursuant to Texas Government Code, Sec. 551.074 (Personnel Matters)
- Return to Open Session: Discuss and consider action on matters discussed in Executive Session
- Adjourn: Next meetings will be Tuesday, February 21, 2023 at 3:00 PM.
The District reserves the right to consider and take action on the above agenda items in any order. It also reserves the right to enter into a closed meeting on any agenda item as allowed by law. If at a meeting of a governmental body, a member of the public or of the governmental body inquiries about a subject for which notice has not been given as required by the Texas Open Meetings Act, the notice provisions of the Texas Open Meetings Act do not apply to a statement of specific factual information given in response to the inquiry, a recitation of existing policy in response to the inquiry. Any deliberation of or decision about the subject of the inquiry shall be limited to a proposal to place the subject on the agenda for the next meeting.
CERTIFICATE OF POSTING 72 HOUR NOTICE
The above Notice of Meeting was posted at 5:30 P.M. on this 13TH day of January, 2023 at a place convenient to the public at the Blanco County ESD 2 Station, 431 Blanco Ave., Blanco, Texas and on the Blanco County ESD 2 website at www.bcesd2.com.
WITNESS MY HAND AND SEAL of office on the above date.
By /s/ Ben Oakley