December 20, 2022
Board of Commissioners
December 20, 2022
IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF CHAPTER 551, TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE, NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS OF THE BLANCO COUNTY EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT NO. 2 WILL MEET ON TUESDAY DECEMBER 20TH, 2022 AT 3:00 P.M. AT 431 BLANCO AVE, BLANCO, TX 78606 AT WHICH TIME THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS SHALL BE DISCUSSED AND ACTION CONSIDERED AND/OR TAKEN.
- Call to Order / Announcements – Establish a quorum.
- Public Comment – No action may be taken on these items unless on agenda. Please limit comments to 2 minutes per person.
- Consent Agenda – Items will be approved with a single vote. Items can be removed from the Consent Agenda for discussion.
- Approval of the November 15, 2022 Regular Meeting minutes
- Financial Report as of 11/30/2022
- Monthly Financials:
- Texas Regional Checking: $478,846.04
- Texas Regional CD: $133,253.57
- Texas Regional Money Market: $1,062,577.07
- Lone Star Money Market: $228,025.14
- FY2022 Audit
- Presentation of FY2022 Audit by Charity Taber, CPA of Taber & Burnett, P.C.
- Review & Approve FY2022 Audit
- Recognition of Service
- Steve Scheffe
- David Hall
- Fire & EMS Auxiliary Report
- Consider requests/actions submitted to ESD
- Consider authorization to expend restricted donated funds for Firefighter Gear Lockers & Firefighting Helmets
- Operations / Chiefs’ Report
- Operations Reports Fire & EMS
- CHP Program Update
- Medicare Ground Ambulance Data Collection
- COVID-19 Testing
- Safe Baby Site
- Approval of Surplus/Salvage Property as authorized by H&S §775.251
- Accept Grant from Texas A&M Forest Service in the amount of $6,650.00 for Insurance Program
- Administration / Finance Matters
- Helipad – Discussion and possible action relating to the Blanco Landing Zone (Helipad), currently located at Blanco High School (Carl Struck)
- Update on Good Samaritan AED (Carl Struck)
- Acknowledgement of Filing of Bond Renewal pursuant to Health & Safety §775.037(b), which was filed and accepted by the Blanco County Clerk on 11/14/2022
- Adopt Resolution# 2022-12-20.1 relating to Bank Signatories
- Discussion and possible action regarding Interlocal Agreement with City of Blanco for Fire Inspections, which expires on December 28th, 2022
- Correction of BCAD Records for properties owned by ESD2, including authorization to conduct a new survey if necessary
- Discussion and possible action regarding Texas Regional Bank Certificate of Deposit which matures on January 7th, 2023
- Approve Renewal of Contract with FarrWest Environmental Supply for Monitoring Equipment
- Approve Issuance of Purchase Order to Wildfire Truck & Equipment Sales in the amount of $44,884.37 to convert 2013 Dodge Ambulance Chassis into Brush Truck
- Approval of 2023 EMS Billing Rate Changes
- Presentation of a draft of the new Policy Book to be reviewed by Commissioners for approval at January meeting
- Information regarding Tobacco Cessation Program
- Executive Session – Pursuant to Texas Government Code, Sec. 551.074 (Personnel Matters)
- Return to Open Session: Discuss and consider action on matters discussed in Executive Session
- Adjourn: Next meetings will be Tuesday, January 17, 2023 at 3:00 PM
The District reserves the right to consider and take action on the above agenda items in any order. It also reserves the right to enter into a closed meeting on any agenda item as allowed by law. If at a meeting of a governmental body, a member of the public or of the governmental body inquiries about a subject for which notice has not been given as required by the Texas Open Meetings Act, the notice provisions of the Texas Open Meetings Act do not apply to a statement of specific factual information given in response to the inquiry; a recitation of existing policy in response to the inquiry. Any deliberation of or decision about the subject of the inquiry shall be limited to a proposal to place the subject on the agenda for the next meeting.
CERTIFICATE OF POSTING 72 HOUR NOTICE
The above Notice of Meeting was posted at 5:30 P.M. on this 16TH day of December, 2022 at a place convenient to the public at the Blanco County ESD 2 Station, 431 Blanco Ave., Blanco, Texas and on the Blanco County ESD 2 website at www.bcesd2.com.
WITNESS MY HAND AND SEAL of office on the above date.
Electronically Signed by: Ben Oakley