May 18, 2021
Agenda Regular Session
Board of Commissioners
May 18, 2021
IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF CHAPTER 551, TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE, NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS OF THE BLANCO COUNTY EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT NO. 2 WILL MEET IN REGULAR SESSION ON May 18, 2021 AT 3:00 P.M. AT 431 BLANCO AVE, BCESD2 STATION TRAINING ROOM, BLANCO, TEXAS AT WHICH TIME THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS SHALL BE DISCUSSED AND ACTION CONSIDERED AND/OR TAKEN.
- Call to Order / Announcements – Establish quorum. Recognize May 16 – 22nd as EMS Week.
- Public Comment – No action may be taken on these items unless on agenda. Please limit comments to 2 minutes per person.
- Consent Agenda – Items will be approved with a single vote. Items are removed from the Consent Agenda for discussion.
- Approval of the April 20, 2021 Regular Meeting and May 4 Special Meeting Minutes
- Financial Report as of 4/30/2021
- Monthly Financials:
- Texas Regional $1,426,461.59
- CD #714430 $132,311.73
- Lone Star $218,572.37
- Monthly Financials:
- Fire & EMS Auxiliary Report
- Chiefs’ Report
- COVID-19 Update
- Operations Reports Fire & EMS
- Facilities Report
- Finance & Planning Matters
- ESD Treasurer presents Annual Governmental Funds Investment Report required annually to ESD 2 Board of Commissioners for review. Govt. Code 2256.005 (e).
- Budget Process:
- Internal replacement schedules for capital equipment over $5000 using the approved current year schedule as a basis. – Budgeting Tax Code 26.05(b)
- Final annual inventory of personal property owned by ESD2 according to the Asset Management Policy that will be sent to the Auditor for the Audit.
- Comptroller Report on Sales Tax – Ann
- Draft 1 Budget May ESD meeting; Final Draft Budget ESD June meeting. Budget approved July ESD meeting. – reminder
- New: SB2, include tax rate calculation forms as an appendix to the budget beginning 1/1/2021. Budgeting Tax Code 26.05(b)- reminder
- Legislative Changes that may affect budget.
- FISD within Blanco County
- Approved ORDER 05-18-2021, Annexation of Territory into BCESD2.
- Executive Session – Discuss personnel matters, real estate, meet with attorney as authorized by Texas Government Code.
- Return to Open Session: Discuss and consider action on matters discussed in Executive Session
- Adjourn: Next meeting: will be Tuesday, June 15th, 2021 at 3:00 PM.
The District reserves the right to consider and take action on the above agenda items in any order. It also reserves the right to enter into a closed meeting on any agenda item as allowed by law. If at a meeting of a governmental body, a member of the public or of the governmental body inquiries about a subject for which notice has not been given as required by the Texas Open Meetings Act, the notice provisions of the Texas Open Meetings Act do not apply to a statement of specific factual information given in response to the inquiry; a recitation of existing policy in response to the inquiry. Any deliberation of or decision about the subject of the inquiry shall be limited to a proposal to place the subject on the agenda for the next meeting.
CERTIFICATE OF POSTING 72 HOUR NOTICE
The above Notice of Meeting was posted at 9:30PM on this 14th day of May, 2021 at a place convenient to the public at the Blanco County ESD 2 Station, 431 Blanco Ave., Blanco, Texas and on the Blanco County ESD 2 website at bcesd2.com.
WITNESS MY HAND AND SEAL of office on the above date.
By Ben Oakley