May 4, 2021 Special Meeting
Special Meeting to Canvass Election Returns
Board of Commissioners
May 4, 2021
IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF CHAPTER 551, TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE, NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS OF THE BLANCO COUNTY EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT NO. 2 WILL MEET IN SPECIALSESSION ON TUESDAY, MAY 4, 2021, AT 3:00 P.M. THROUGH VIDEO/AUDIO CONFERENCING ONLY AT WHICH TIME THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS SHALL BE DISCUSSED AND ACTION CONSIDERED AND/OR TAKEN.
Meeting Access Instructions
To join the meeting electronically, go to https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81038103037 or you may join by telephone only by dialing (346) 248-7799 and entering Meeting ID# 810 3810 3037.
- Call to Order / Announcements – establish quorum [FOR CANVASS QUORUM IS 2 §67.004].
- Canvass election returns for annexation of FISD Territory into BCESD No. 2:
- Open returns for each precinct & prepare tabulation.
- Total # of votes in District and in Territory
- Votes FOR or AGAINST each measure
- Total # of voters in each precinct who cast a ballot FOR or AGAINST a measure [§67.004(b), (b-1)]
- Annexation of territory is final when approved by a majority of the voters at an election held in the District and by a majority of the voters at a separate election held in the territory to be annexed [H&S 775.051 (f)]
The District reserves the right to consider and take action on the above agenda items in any order. It also reserves the right to enter into a closed meeting on any agenda item as allowed by law. If at a meeting of a governmental body, a member of the public or of the governmental body inquiries about a subject for which notice has not been given as required by the Texas Open Meetings Act, the notice provisions of the Texas Open Meetings Act do not apply to a statement of specific factual information given in response to the inquiry; a recitation of existing policy in response to the inquiry. Any deliberation of or decision about the subject of the inquiry shall be limited to a proposal to place the subject on the agenda for the next meeting.
CERTIFICATE OF POSTING 72 HOUR NOTICE
The above Notice of Meeting was posted at 9:00 P.M. on this 30th day of April, 2021 at a place convenient to the public at the Blanco County ESD 2 Station, 431 Blanco Ave., Blanco, Texas and on the Blanco County ESD 2 website at bcesd2.com.
WITNESS MY HAND AND SEAL of office on the above date.
By /s/ Ben Oakley