September 17, 2019
Agenda Regular Meeting
Board of Commissioners
SEPTEMBER 17, 2019
IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF CHAPTER 551, TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE, NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT THE BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS OF THE BLANCO COUNTY EMERGENCY SERVICES DISTRICT NO. 2 WILL MEET IN REGULAR SESSION ON SEPTEMBER 17, 2019 AT 6:00 P.M. AT BLANCO COUNTY EMERGENCY SERVICES NO. 2 (BCESD2) STATION TRAINING ROOM, 431 BLANCO AVE., BLANCO, TEXAS.
- Establish a quorum, call to order, announcements.
- Public Comment (no action may be taken on these items unless on agenda. Please limit comments to 2 minutes per person.)
- Consent Agenda:
- Approval of the August 20, 2019, August 28, 2019 Public Hearing, & September 10, 2019 Public Hearing minutes.
- Fire & EMS Auxiliary Report/Requests: take action as needed
- Approve Contract for 2019 – 2020
- Approve Calendar for 2019 – 2020
- Approve Budget for 2019 – 2020
- ESD Commissioners Report – Discuss and take action as necessary.
- Fredericksburg ISD within Blanco County update
- Budget update
- Contract with Blanco ESD No.1 for Shared Expenses for EMS Chief
- Selection of Auditor for ESD 2018-2019 Audit and authorization to enter into contract with selected auditor.
- Approve FY2020 Employee Compensation Schedule
- Approve and sign Resolution accepting and approving the ESD2, Budget for FY 2019-2020.
- Motion needed: Move to approve the Resolution to adopt the 2019-2020 Budget.
- Adopt the Tax Rate
- Motion to adopt Order to set tax rate that exceeds the Effective Tax Rate (Tax Code§ 26.05) : “I move that the property tax rate be increased by the adoption of a tax rate of $0.10/$100 valuation, which is effectively a 6.38 percent increase in the tax rate. (Tax code §26.05(b) Maintenance & Operations (M&O) tax rate of 0.0749 Interest and Sinking (Debt Service) rate of 0.025100”
- Take recorded vote (Tax Code §26.05(B) 1 & 2)
- Elaine Cross, Ann Hall, Lynne McKirdy, Mike Rieken, Carl Struck
- If approved sign Order adopting the tax rate for FY2019-2020
- Take signed Order to the County Appraisal District the next day.
- Station Update:
- Update on any items needing discussion / action
- Acknowledge Resolution from State Representative Erin Zwiener
- Financial Report: Ben
- Account Status
- Texas Regional: $911,154.43
- CD 714430 $128,651.10
- Lone Star Bank Debt Fund $240,845.80
- Review & Approve FY19 Budget Amendment #5
- Acknowledge Completion & Receipt of 2018 Form 990’s for BVFD and BVAC
- Account Status
- Operations Reports, Chiefs – discuss / take actions as necessary:
- Acknowledge Training Completions
- Status of Annual inventory of equipment with original cost of more than $100
- Executive Session: Pursuant to Texas Government Code Sections 551.074 Personnel Matters and / or 551.071 Consultation with Attorney.
- Return to Open Session: Consider action on matters discussed in Executive Session
- Adjourn: Next regular meeting will be Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2019 at 6:00 PM